Amla tree is a precious present that has been offered by nature for the emancipation of mankind. There are innumerable benefits of the amla tree, which go far beyond the imagination of a layman. The scientific name of the Amla tree is “Phyllanthus Emblica” and it is known as Amalaki in Sanskrit and Indian Gooseberry in general. It belongs to the family “Phyllanthaceae” and genus “Phyllanthus”.
The Amla tree is a relatively small tree and generally grows in the height range of 1 to 10 meters. The tree has a crooked trunk and its branches spread horizontally facing downwards. The leaves of the tree are simple and small and they look like to be in a pinnate structure but they are actually not in pinnate form.
The fruit of the Amla tree is the most beneficial part of this tree. It is used for making many medicines and drugs. The fruit is yellow in color and it is around 1.5 cm in diameter. The fruit is almost spherical in shape and it is a very rich source of vitamin C.
Benefits And Uses Of Amla
Amla tree is a very divine tree that has given uncountable solutions to mankind. It is one of the biggest boons that nature has showered on mankind. There are so many benefits of this tree that we can just keep them counting on, and they may never end. Let us discuss some of the benefits of the Amla tree that can help you in solving your problems.
Amla Tree For Improving Immunity
Those people who have a weak immune system are prone more to catch various diseases. And especially when there are climatic changes, the probability of them getting ill, increases much more. Such people are advised to take amla juice with honey regularly for enhancing the functioning of the immune system.
Amla Tree For Physical Weakness
People who feel weakness, dizziness, and restlessness can also benefit a great deal from the amla tree. People with such issues can take one tablespoon amla juice with one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice twice a day. It is to be taken empty stomach in the morning and at least half an hour before eating meals in the evening.
Amla For Breathing Problems And Asthma
Amla is very beneficial for those people who are having breathing issues, allergies, and asthma. These people can take 2 tablespoons of Amla juice, 2 tablespoons of turmeric juice, along with 2 tablespoons of honey. This combination is to be taken twice a day, once in the noon after having meals and once in the night after having dinner. This will help in getting relief from asthma and other breathing issues, it will also help in cleansing the respiratory tract and it will also help to remove cough from the lungs.
Amla Tree For Improving Bone Density
Many people face the issue of decreasing bone density with the growing age, this not only makes the body weak, but it also causes pain in the bones. For getting relief in the pain and increasing bone density these people can take the combination of Amla juice and honey in the morning and the evening. Amla is very rich in calcium and iron as such it helps in increasing bone density.
Amla For Healthy Weight Loss
There are many people who face weight issues, Amla juice is a very good remedy for such people who desperately want to lose their weight. For losing weight they have to take 2 to 3 tablespoon of Amla juice along with one glass of warm water and some honey. This is to be taken on an empty stomach in the morning and at least half an hour before the meals in the evening. If this is done on a regular basis, it will promote the process of burning fat cells in the body. And this will ultimately lead to a healthy weight loss in the body.
Amla For Tuberclosis
Tuberculosis is one of the most infectious fatal diseases, which is generally caused by mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteria. It generally affects the lungs, but it can also affect other parts of the body. Those people, who are suffering from tuberculosis, can take 1 tablespoon of Amla juice, 1 tablespoon of turmeric juice, 1 tablespoon of garlic juice, 1 tablespoon of ginger juice, and 1 tablespoon of honey. This combination should be taken twice a day and it will help in killing the tuberculosis bacteria, and gradually the patient will notice that the effects of TB will decrease in the body.
Amla For Improving Memory Power
Amla tree is very rich in iron and Vitamin C; it is also rich in fiber content which is very beneficial for the body. It is very beneficial for those kids and even adults who have memory issues, there are kids who read and learn and then forget it very quickly. And after a certain age, it is seen that people tend to forget simple things, like the place where they kept their keys. Amla can be a very good remedy for such people. They need to mix 1 tablespoon of amla juice with 1 tablespoon honey and take it twice a day, in the morning and evening to boost their memory.
Amla Tree For Blood Pressure And Reducing Stress
It is believed that if Amla juice is taken twice a day, in the morning and the evening, it helps the body to maintain proper blood pressure, and it also decreases the stress in the body. Amla juice helps to maintain proper blood flow in the body, it also helps to ease and relax the nerves in the body which results in proper blood flow, and less tension and stress in the mind.
Amla For Strengthening Liver
Amla juice is also a very good remedy for strengthening the liver and enhancing its functionality. Those people who are suffering from liver issues can be greatly benefited by the use of Amla juice. If someone does not like to drink the Amla juice, he can consume Amla in the form of murabba, chutney, or pickles.
Amla For Improving Digestion
Amla tree provides a very good remedy for those people who are suffering from digestion problems. These people can simply take Amla in the form of chutney along with their meals to improve their digestion. This one simple addition of Amla chutney or amla pickle in their meals will help them to improve their digestion, and it will also protect them from conditions like dyspepsia, constipation, and other such problems.
How To Grow Amla Tree At Home
Amla tree is such a beneficial tree and it is only logical to grow this tree at home. This will help you to literally reap the benefits, fresh Amla fruit, at your home.
1. You can easily grow Amla tree in a pot at home, for this, you can buy any simple pot from the market. Make sure to make a hole at the bottom of the pot for improving the drainage of the water. You can also put some gravels at the bottom to further enhance water drainage in the pot, these gravels also help to prevent the blockage of the drainage hole. This drainage hole is required to remove the excess water from the pot.
2. Now the next step is to make a well-drained soil by mixing 50% normal soil, 25% sand, and 25% manure, it is always better to use organic fertilizer for growing the amla tree. You should mix all the components properly so that the soil becomes aerated. After preparing the soil take this soil and fill around half of the pot with soil.
3. The next step is to plant the Amla tree sapling in this pot. You should make sure that you buy a healthy Amla tree sapling from a good nursery in your locality. Check and make sure that the sapling is free from any kind of pests. The saplings are generally available in a grow bag which is kept under proper conditions in the nursery for propagating the plant.
4. Take the Amla plant out of this grow bag properly without doing any kind of damage, and plant this Amla sapling in the center of the pot. Make sure that the Amla plant is in the proper standing condition, vertically in the middle of the pot.
5. Now fill this pot with the rest of the soil that you have already prepared. Make sure that you do not press the soil very firmly after filing it. The soil should be only pressed lightly for setting it in the pot. Excessive pressure on the soil may make it very compact, which is not good for the growth of the plant.
6. As per traditions, it is believed that the Amla plant should be planted in pairs. There may be some logic behind this, as many people consider it auspicious to grow Amla plant in pairs.
7. Now slowly water the pot, do not add much water at once in the pot. The pot should be kept in a partially shaded area, and it should not be exposed to harsh sunlight in the beginning. If the weather is cloudy the pot can be kept in the open.